Saturday, January 30, 2016

Solved: Error “bash: scp: command not found” when using scp command

I am doing scp from my linux system to one of the newly installed Centos system. When I run the scp command and enter password, I get following errors:

ritesh@rorguide:~/projects$ scp -r rorguide root@202.89.64.50:/root/code
root@202.89.64.50's password:
bash: scp: command not found
lost connection

Solution:
I found the solution on
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17131048/error-when-using-scp-command-bash-scp-command-not-found

which states scp command should be available on both server - both on the client and on the server.

I ran the command "yum -y install openssh-clients" on Centos. After successfully installing the scp I was able to scp files on remote system.

No comments:

Post a Comment